We are very proud to see the achievements, awards, and milestones of students and alumni since the founding of the Alonzo King LINES Ballet BFA at Dominican University of California.
American College Dance Association
Each year, the LINES BFA at Dominican junior class attends a regional American College Dance Association conference. Over the years, our students have had the honor to be chosen to perform in Regional and National ACDA Galas including:
- 2015: The Class of 2016 performed guest choreographer Sidra Bell's sonnet at the regional conference in Scottsdale, Arizona.
- 2014: The Class of 2015 performed guest choreographer Robert Sher-Machherndl's RUSH at the National College Dance Festival held at the Kennedy Center in Washington, DC.
- 2013: Maurya Kerr's FUR was chosen to perform at the Regional Gala at El Camino College, In Torrence, California.
- 2012: The Class of 2013 performed inbetween by guest choreographer Amy Seiwert for the Regional Gala at California State University, Dominguez Hills.
- 2011: Stilren, choreographed by faculty member Christian Burns, was chosen to perform for the Regional Gala at California State University, Long Beach.
- 2010: The Class of 2011 performed Milliseconds by faculty member Kara Davis at the National College Dance Festival held at Kennedy Center in Washington, DC.
- 2008: LINES BFA students were representatives of the Southwest Region at the National College Dance Festival at which they performed Gregory Dawson's Solid Soil Beneath Our Feet at Barnard College in New York City. Michael Montgomery ('11) was awarded Best Student Performer at the Regional Conference.
Princess Grace Foundation scholarship recipients have included Lani Dickinson (’16), Katie Scherman ('10), and Jeffrey Van Sciver ('13). Jeffrey Van Sciver was also awarded the Princess Grace Foundation's Chris Hellman Award.
Dizzy Feet Foundation scholarship recipients include Tatiana Barber ('16), William Couture ('15), Rachel Furst ('13), Madeline Matuska ('15), Mary Kate O'Sullivan ('14), Charbel Rohayem ('16), and Jeffrey Van Sciver ('13).
In 2015, LINES BFA at Dominican was listed in The Ten Best Colleges for Dance Performance in the US.
In 2014, BFA alum Casey Thorne ('10) was awarded a Fulbright Student Fellowship to research dance in Israel.
In 2013, BFA alum and current LINES company member, Michael Montgomery ('11), was named one of Dance Magazine's "25 to Watch".
In 2011, students were invited to attend the Tremplin Jeunes Ballets of the Monaco Dance Forum. Only a handful of American conservatories are invited to send students to this highly prestigious showcase, attended by international directors of contemporary and classical ballet companies.
In 2010, three BFA students were selected to present research papers at the National Congress of Undergraduate Research.